Dr. Threlkel offers naturopathic medicine, combining the wisdom of nature with the rigors of modern science. Naturopathic Medicine emphasizes prevention and self-care for optimal health; and when a patient already has a health condition employs both modern and traditional therapeutics including laboratory testing, herbs and nutritional supplements, homeopathic remedies, Bioidentical and natural hormone therapies and detoxification, with a preference for effective, natural approaches.
How does Naturopathic Medicine work?
The basic principles of naturopathic medicine include:
- The healing power of nature, and the intelligent, inherent self-healing process we possess. Naturopathic physicians seek to find and remove obstacles to healing, and to facilitate recovery and revitalization.
- Identifying and treating the causes of illness, rather than suppressing symptoms.
- Taking care to “First Do No Harm”, by using the least force necessary to diagnose and treat; using methods and substances with the least risk of harmful side effects; avoiding when possible the suppression of symptoms; and respecting the individual’s healing process.
- Treating the whole person, taking into account individual physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, social, genetic and environmental factors.
- Emphasizing prevention, identifying stressors and risk factors as well as heredity and disease susceptibility, to aid in avoiding future illness.
- Allergies (food & environmental)
- Autoimmune Diseases (Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, Rheumatoid Arthritis)
- Cancer Prevention
- Chronic Sinusitis
- Digestive Disorders (IBS, GERD/Reflux, Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn’s Disease, Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth, Leaky Gut, Dysbiosis)
- Healthy Aging
- Healthy Weight and Metabolism
- Heart Health (Hypertension, elevated cholesterol)
- Hormone Balance (male and female)
- Joint Pain
- Mercury and Heavy Metal Toxicity
- Metabolic Syndrome, Diabetes, Pre-Diabetes, Insulin Resistance
- Migraines and Headaches
- Nutritional Deficiencies
- Thyroid and Adrenal Disorders (Hypothyroid, Adrenal Fatigue)
- Women’s Health (PMS, Menopause, Infertility, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Fibrocystic Breast Disease)
Dr. Threlkel is an incredibly caring, intelligent, and intuitive doctor. She has helped me tremendously with debilitating chronic hormonal and gastrointestinal issues. I feel like I have gotten my life back! I am grateful to have found her and highly recommend her to others.
— Alexandra M.
Learn more about Naturopathic Medicine by visiting The American Association of Naturopathic Physicians website, and reading What’s a Naturopathic Doctor?